The cure for puffy eyes can be addressed with several all natural remedies which I will be covering in this article. Puffy eyes are caused by lack of sleep, too much alcohol, salt, caffeine, and genetic predisposition.
Let's say you have an important day coming up where everybody is going to be looking at you and you want to be sure that your eyes won't be puffy.
Never fear, you can use several of these tips here the day before:
* Avooid alcohol and salt.
* be sure to get a good nights sleep.
* do not apply cream moisturizer around your eyes at bedtime. Rather, use a gel formula eye moisturizer, which will help firm and tighten the area and thereby reduce swelling.
* Fill the sink with ice cubes and cold water, then dunk your face in for 40 seconds or as long as you can stand it.
* Apply makeup to conceal the puffiness and draw attention away from the problem area. First, apply concealer around the entire eye area (lash line to brow bone too) and set it with powder.
You can apply any eye shadow you desire to your eyelid and a dark liner to your upper lash line. Avoid putting mascara or eyeliner on bottom lashes.
*Place chilled tea bags or sliced cucumbers over your eyes.
* Eye mask - Grate 1/4 apple and a small raw potato and combine. Apply mixture to eyes for 15 minutes, cover your eyes with a warm wash cloth and relax wit some soothing music.
* Place chilled teething rings on eyes to reduce puffiness and give your a wide awake appearance.
* Juice a cucumber. Apply drops to eyes for a cooling soothing eye treat. Store excess in refrigerator for up to 10 days.
* For puffy and swollen eyes, make a wet compress of 4 Tbsp. freshly grated raw potao. Place on the eyes for about 15 minutes, and then rinse with cold water.
* To reduce swelling and for bags under the eyes, brew a cup of strong rosehip tea. Soak 2 cotton balls in the tea or use 2 tea bags, lie down and place over the eyes.
*For eye puffiness, any tea bag (herbal is better, especially eyebright) slightly cooled, placed on the eyes while you rest.
Cucumber - Yogurt Eye Smoother And Moisturizer
* 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber ( skinned)
* 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
* 1 egg
* 1 warm wash cloth
Mix all the ingredients until smooth, and apply mixture to closed eyes. Be sure to cover the entire area surrounding the eyes. Apply the warm cloth over eyes for 20 minutes.
Rinse your face with warm water. This mixture will help to relieve puffiness and moisturize your eyes as well. Mixture must be made fresh for each use!
You Might Also Like
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.